What are the effects of Eczema?

My child is 6 years old and there is one of his friends has bad eczema. Is it communicable? And should I tell my child not to play with him?
Thu, 10 Feb 2011
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
Dear ved parkash ji
The notion of eczema being contagious is ill based and you can allow your baby to enjoy his company without fear.
Homeopath Dr. Sasi kala's  Response
hi,
welcome to h & m,
eczema is not a contagious disease your child can with the other child without any fear of getting eczema.

take care.
Manoj's  Response
Even I want to know as someone in my sons class also has eczema. The teacher scolded and said that doctor has said no problem- it will not spread but I still have doubt about that.
manoj's  Response
Ya eczema does not spread. One child in our building also has eczema. Everybody plays with him for more than 4 years now but nobody else has got eczema- so eczema will not spread.
Dermatologist Dr. Bharat Chawda's  Response
Hi!,
Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum,
Eczema is not contagious ,it does not spread from one person to another ,so you can allow your son to play with him.
take care,
Dr.chawda
  Anonymous's Response
Anonymous's  Response
Eczema will NOT spread. It's a skin condition affecting the person who has it only. It is usually associated to allergies. It's like asking if you have an allergy to dogs and I hang out with you near a dog are my eyes going to start itching too, even though I'm not allergic? --- Edited by the Administrator because of the inappropriate content at places.
  Anonymous's Response
Anonymous's  Response
Eczema does not transfer from person to person like infectitious diseases like flu. So ther's nothing to worry.
Ananth's  Response
It often affects people with a family history of allergies.