Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
197 Doctors are Online

Want to find out the right way of counting the exact day of my pregnancy?

Hi there just a quick question regarding conception , I had my last period on the 14th of December 2012, I went for a dating Scan yesterday which dated me 13 weeks exactly, which puts me a week ahead? If I count back 13 weeks ago is that when I conceived or do i count back 11 weeks to find out conception? Does this just mean I could of conceived a week early?
Asked On : Wed, 13 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  22
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
OBGYN 's  Response
Thanks for writing in.
During the first trimester a discrepancy between dates & scan of up to one week is considered acceptable. Time of conception is usually two weeks after the first day of your last period if you have regular 28 days cycle.
I suggest you should not stress out much by these medical details & concentrate more on your diet & wellness.
Wish you best of luck
Answered: Thu, 14 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor