Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

Viral fever, high blood sugar. Suggestion to lower level?

good evening doctor this is sathya last 15 days back i am suffering from viral fever and i have taken treatment. now its better for me. and one more thing when i suffering fever that time checked blood and urine test. i got report it showing the blood sugar f b g210mg/dl and ppb 299mg/dl. now i am not taken any sugar tablet. I have full control the diet and morning walk its enough. plz give me a suggestion.
Asked On : Thu, 18 Oct 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  131
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response
good evening, by these readings of blood sugars , treatment should be started to control the blood sugars, dieteing, and exercises are only supportive measures . u have not specified ur age. also get Hb1AC levels checked and repeat ur blood sugar profile, by this we will know the exact situation,kindly consult a diabetologist for further care.
Answered: Thu, 18 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. A K M Wasim Rahman's  Response
Hi satya thanks for consulting HCM.
Blood glucose levels can rise well above normal for significant periods without producing any permanent effects or symptoms. However, chronic hyperglycemia at levels more than slightly above normal can produce a very wide variety of serious complications over a period of years, including kidney damage, neurological damage, cardiovascular damage, damage to the retina or damage to feet and legs.
In general, the normal range for most people (fasting adults) is about 80 to 110 mg/dl A subject with a consistent range above 126 mg/dl is generally held to have fasting hyperglycemia.
postprandial or after-meal hyperglycemia is defined as a blood sugar usually greater than 180 mg/dL.
As you have mentioned your levels are quite high rather than normal. But you have to see its persistance. So do a repeat sugar test (both FASTING & PP) if it still high then you should start medicine. Consult a Diabetologist. If range is normal now then morning walk is enough.
Best of luck.
Answered: Thu, 18 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor