What is mild diffuse cerebral dysfunction?

Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical

Posted on Fri, 11 May 2018 in Brain and Spine
Question: What is mild diffuse cerebral dysfunction?
What is FRIDA?
What is background slowing?
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Explained below, please post the EEG report.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using Healthcaremagic.com.

I have read your question and understand your concerns.

I assume that the questions you asked are connected to an EEG result, right?

Mild diffuse cerebral dysfunction is a feature seen in conditions that cause mild damages to large areas of brain such metabolic disorders for example.

Low blood sugar (hypoglycemia), hypoxia (low supplementation of the brain with oxygen) seen in lung, heart conditions, liver failure, etc. are some metabolic disorders that may be related.

Also, conditions such dementia, encephalitis, etc. should be considered too.

Background slowing is most commonly seen in encephalopathies and refers to a slowing of alfa rhythms in EEG.

Please post the full EEG report in order for me to understand correctly your issues and what XXXXXXX is referring to.

Hope this helps.

Awaiting the EEG report........
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana