What causes dizziness and tremors?

Dr. Mirjeta Guni

Endocrinologist

Posted on Thu, 10 May 2018 in Diabetes
Question: my mother often feel shaky and lightheaded between meals. she was just told by a doctor that she does not have hypoglycemia
Answered by Dr. Mirjeta Guni 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Check thyroid function;

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for asking!
I can understand your concern regarding to your mother's health.
The most common cause of the symptoms you described is hypoglycemia, but as it is excluded other causes should be tried to find out.
An overactive thyroid will be the next to exclude. She needs to check TSH , Ft4 and Ft3 hormones to judge about thyroid function.
If it results within the normal ranges, neurological problems ( probably Alzheimer disease) will be the cause.
Will be a pleasure to help you further.
Kind regards,
Dr.Mirjeta
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad