Urinating dark yellow urine

doctor may i know what is the reason of having a dark yellow almost orange urine and the child experience prickling pain in RUQ ?
Tue, 10 May 2011
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,  
Medical Topics ,   ,  
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Dark yellow urine indicates infection or liver problem. You need to consult a pediatrician. Tell him to drink more water.
Has he fever?
You should not avoid it

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Gaurav Patel
Pediatrician Dr. Suryakanta Baraha's  Response

It may be hepatitis due to infection or duct obstruction. Liver function test is needed to diagnose the cause of it. So do the test after consulting a pediatrician and follow his advice or it may be due to less intake of water in summer.
If it goes away after taking adequate water, then there is no problem. But if after that also it persists with clay-colored stool and with other symptoms then you must consult your pediatrician.

Dr. Suryakanta Baraha
General & Family Physician Dr. Sapan J. Pandya's  Response

In RUQ, liver is present. HEPATITIS/SURGICAL JAUNDICE due to BILIARY OBSTRUCTION may be the cause of dark, yellow urine and prickling pain in RUQ.
You may check Urine for urobilinogen, blood for S. Bilirubin, S. ALT, USG of abdomen, especially liver FOR SURGICAL JAUNDICE. HBsAg may help in subtyping HEPATITIS.

Dr. Sapan J. Pandya
Dr. Alisha,
Homeopath
's
 Response
hello
welcome to healthcare magic forum
Dark yellow urine typically suggest that your not drinking enoughwater in a day.How much water have you drank for the day? You should be drinking 8 to 10 glasses of water a day. If you do not drink enough water, then your urine becomes over-concentrated with waste, which is why it is a darker yellow urine color. You may also notice a stronger odor since the concentration is higher.
if your drinking more than enought water in a day and still condition is same than it may b the reason for some illness,go for urine test.
blood in the urine(haematuria),haemolytic anemia,hepatitis(inflammation of liver) may also cause dark orange yellow urine.
good luck