What causes brownish green stools?
Stool color is very rarely suggestive if a disease.
Thank you for asking at HealthcareMagic.
I carefully read your question and understand your concern.
I've seen the photograph also.
See as per your query regarding the color of stools I would say that Stool comes in a range of colors. All shades of brown and even green can be considered normal. Basically, bile is a yellow-green fluid that digests fats in your food. See, the bile is broken down into stercobilinogen and urobilinogen. Stercobilinogen decides the color of stool. So higher the fat in food more would be bile and darker would be color(in general).
However, I am concerned about the consistency of your stools.
Secondly, I could appreciate few rounded undigested food like particles in stool; could be ova or cyst also.
Consistency is not perfect. It should be well formed and bulky.
I don't think that undigested food in stools is a good thing. Its ok for some day but not if its happening daily. I have seen the pics you posted few days back also.
I would suggest you go for a stool test initially to rule out if stools are normal and free of ova or parasite larvae etc.
This test is called stool routine, microscopy and could be done at any laboratory near you.
I would suggest you add 2 tablespoons of isapghul husk in your food this would increase bulk of stool and would help in excretion of well-formed stools. Its a natural husk and would add bulk to your feces.
I would suggest you add a probiotic for few days like VSL#3 twice daily.They are good bacterias and would help to digest food more properly.
As of now no need to panic but follow what I suggested.
Please feel free to follow up.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes green stool and pepcid ac
- What causes green stool in children
- What causes dark blackish green stool colour
- Fuzzy green stool what causes fuzzy green stool in children
- What is the cause for green stools and flatulence
- What could be the cause of green stool in infant
- What causes lower back pain and green stools
- What causes green stool along with dizziness and sickness
- What causes green stool
- What can cause reccuring green stool in children
- Suggest treatment for dizziness, fatigue and nausea when diagnosed with...
- What causes constant abdominal bloating after gallbladder surgery?
- Suggest remedies for chronic hiccups
- Suggest treatment for severe cramps and abdominal pain
- What does my HIDA report result indicate?
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea, low grade fever and abdominal pain
- Suggest treatment for symptoms of GERD
- Suggest treatment for severe acid reflux despite taking Nexium
- Does Tylenol Cold cause diarrhea when taken for cold and flu?
- Suggest treatment for multiple anal abscesses