Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

Unprotected sex, nausea, abdominal cramping on left side with light spotting, had positive and negative pregnancy test. Advice?

I have been feeling nausea for 2 weeks with abdominal cramping, predominantly on my left side, and have in this time experienced an unusually light spotting/period. My partner and I had unprotected sex 18 days ago. I have taken several home pregnancy tests: 1 positive and 3 negative since. Please advise if you think I should continue testing or could this be something else?
Asked On : Sun, 9 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  116
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
thanks for writing in HCM.
You should done HCG hormone test. HCG Levels can first be detected by a blood test about 11 days after conception and about 12 - 14 days after conception by a urine test. In general the hCG levels will double every 72 hours. The level will reach its peak in the first 8 - 11 weeks of pregnancy. HCG level will confirm your pregnancy. you should done one ultrasound abdomen to exclude other problems. A urine test has 99% accuracy. It may be false positive or negative due to a wrong method of performing. Urine test should be done by early morning urine sample or You can repeat your UPT in a hospital. For further advice consult your gynecologist.
wishing you a good health.
Answered: Sun, 9 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor