Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Unmarried woman, no trauma, abdominal pain, family history of pancreatic cancer having tiny bulge under right rib. Normal liver. Cause?

Is it normal to feel a very tiny bulge under the last rib on the right side while standing? Is that my liver? I am 31 y/o female unmarried, no history of trauma, on and off abdominal pain before and after meals, +ve family history of pancreatic cancer , normal liver panel results, my period is delayed this month for around 4 days many thanks
Asked On : Fri, 29 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  46
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi and thanks for the query,
the commonet cause of delayed periods in a woman of reproductive age is pregnancy. It si advisable always to do a good pregnacy test to exclude this. However, it is not unusual to experience missed periods in non pregnant women.
Abdominal pain desrves a keen clinical evaluation. The location , intensity, aggravating and relieving factors, associated symptoms, past medical and surgical history are all important parameters in the evaluation. It would be interesting in your case to have acreful medical examination by a gastroenterologist. Blood tests like liver function tests, pancreate amulayse levels, fasting blood glucose, complete blod counts could be useful. An abdominal scan could also be very useful.
I suggest you get an appointment with the gastroenteroligist for a proper clinical evaluation.
Luchuo, MD.
Answered: Fri, 29 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor