Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
173 Doctors are Online

Under-cooked meat eaten. Have food poisoning. What can relieve pain?

I ate some undercooked chicken about four hours back, i and consumed most of it when i realised that it was still pink and raw in some sections. I have started passing loose bowels and experiencing stomach cramps and nausea . I think i may have food poisoning . As the meat was not cooked at home i don t know of its source or how contaminated it might have been. I need a quick relief and help because i have office early tomorrow morning and taking leave is out of the question i have some norflox TZ at home. Should i follow a course of that? Do i need something else for poisoning caused by meats? thanks. Paromita Patranobish
Asked On : Thu, 17 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  49
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
Thank for asking to HCM
If this is food poison then the undigested food would be expel out till the whole bowel emptied and do not try to check the loose motion if you ever have, just watch for the hydration take bed rest this type of clinical condition is mostly self limiting and does not need any medicine unless manifest with fever, vomiting sever abdominal pain then would need treatments, take care and have nice day.
Answered: Sat, 12 Apr 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor