Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Unable to penetrate vagina, feels like a wall outside vaginal opening. Treatment?

Hi. I have been with my boyfriend for 6 months and we are still unable to penetrate. this is becoming a fustrating ordeal since I feel like I am depriving him of something special. We have plenty of foreplay and I feel relaxed beforehand, but the moment he tries to penetrate me, it is like a wall is put at the opening of my vagina . Please, I need help since I do not want to continue going through this problem for the rest of my life.
Asked On : Mon, 21 Jan 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  220
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
Hello and welcome to HCM

In virgins, a diaphragm called 'hymen' is present at the opening of the vagina.
The hymen breaks during first intercourse accompanied by mild to moderate bleeding.
Hymen may be tuogh, lax or very fragile.
In women in whom it is tough, ruptur e may be difficult.
However, it can be ruptured surgically if it does not rupture naturally.

Thanks and take care
Dr Shailja P Wahal
Answered: Mon, 21 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Critical Care Specialist Dr. Sadiq Mughal's  Response
Hi thanks for your question.
You are suffering from a problem called as vaginismus.
In vaginismus the muscles of vagina contract or go into spasm in response to attemted insertion of penis.Since this occur without the conscious intent or conscent of women it can be very perplexing.
Usually at the root of vaginismus is a combination of physical or non physical (psychiological) triggers that causes the body to respond to anticipated tightening the vaginal muscle.The list of causes of vaginismus is very long.The most common being,anxiety,stress,partener problem (this doesn't hold good for you),trauma,guilt,fear of getting pregnant,fear of pain and finally no cause at all.
I would suggest you to consult a gynaecologist to rule out any physicial cause of vaginismis.
Consultation with a psychiologist is also advisible to rule out any psychological cause.
Treatment involves progressive desenitization excercises.These excercise help women to learn to control and relax pelvic floor around vagina.These excercises can be done at home and one of common excercise is called as Kegel excercise.

I would suggest you to learn these excercises from gynaecologist.He/she may also advice you,how to manage your problem.

Hope this answers your question.
Answered: Mon, 21 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor