Can blood enter the vagina from the penis during intercourse?

Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh

Posted on Thu, 14 Sep 2017 in Men's Health
Question: Can a guy bleed inside a girl? And does a guy have to have go all the way to the hymen to consider having actual sex
Answered by Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Information

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome,

If a man has blood in his ejaculate, or if he is bleeding from a skin wound, then yes, the blood can enter the woman during intercourse.

Regarding what is considered a sexual act, no, penetration is not necessary to be considered having sex. But sexual intercourse is generally regarded as penetration past the point of where the hymen is or was.

I hope this answers your questions. If you need further information or clarification, please let me know.