Is gathering medical evidences 2 months after a sexual assault a possibility?

Dr. Deepti Verma

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine

Posted on Tue, 4 Jul 2017 in Pregnancy
Question: Hello,

If a rape incident took place of a married female victim almost 2 months ago then is there a way to conduct a medical examination, gather medical evidence / proof even if almost two months have passed by. What tests are involved?

Thanks for helping.
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Not possible

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
Thanks for using this portal for your query.
It is not possible to gather any medical evidences 2 months after the sexual assault of a married female.
This is so because the changes in the hymen and vagina due to sexual acts are already present in a married female.
Semen samples, blood samples and skin in nails samples of the covnict are unlikely to be found after such a ling time.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma
OBGYN
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D