Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Unable to concentrate, bad memories, sleeplessness. What can help me?

Hi, I am Aasha..I am 26 years old...From my childhood I used to think a lot....and this problem has now increased a lot as I get older because when I growing older I am facing more responsibilities....Whenever I am at college or home, whenever I am enjoying with my family or mates...whatever I do, whenever I read...I cannot fully concentrate and I think a lot....There are some bad memories I faced at my childhood and now too I feel like I am trap by my life...these days I want to runaway and stay alone...I do not get good sleep ....I alws think sleeping pills would be better so that I don't have to think a lot and I can stop crying...I am in please suggest me some better tips.
Asked On : Sat, 6 Apr 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  19
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Dec 2014
Welcome to Health Care Magic

Bad memories from past and thinking about them again and again has resulted in poor concentration in you. The poor concentration is affecting your personal and social life. This has resulted in poor sleep, sadness, feeling of running out of home, crying spells. There are following main modalities of treatment you can follow-

- Divert your attention completely from the bad memories. If that is not possible then try to keep yourself busy in work, studies. It is the work or study which can only help you to move on.

- Second thing is Behavior Therapy. Behavior Therapy is a Psychosocial modality of treatment. It is a complex method and used in a lot of disorders

- Consultation from a good Psychiatrist for evaluation for depression. As due to bad memories depressive episode is common. Medicines for depression will improve your symptoms.
One thing I would like to advise you that don't ever take sleeping pills without consultation of psychiatrist as they are having high abuse potential and may cause dependence which will ultimately harm you.

Hope it helps.
Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi, MD
Answered: Thu, 25 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Psychiatrist Dr. Gourav Monga's  Response
Welcome to health care magic
I can understand your situation. I appreciate your effort to seek online support.

As per your details, you are possibly having underlying anxiety/depression.
For this consult a psychiatrist for detailed evaluation. Following treatment strategies would be helpful-

1) Antidepressants like SSRIs (escitalopram, sertarline, paroxetine etc)
2) Antianxiety agents like clonazepam, lorazepam, alprazolam etc
3) Psychotherapy/ Counselling sessions
4) Relaxation techniques like yoga, meditation, deep breathing etc

Hope it helps
Good luck
Dr. Gourav Monga
Consultant Psychiatrist
Answered: Fri, 26 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor