Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

Type 2 diabetic, taken Gemer P2, blood sugar level risen, taking glimestar PM2, not cured. Alternative medicine?

Hi, I am a known Type 2 diabetic. I have been taking Gemer P2 for quite sometime but of late the drug does not se em to help and my blood sugar has risen to more than 300. I have been prescribed a new drug by the name of Glimestar PM2 ( pioglitazone ) but it also has not helped me even after taking the drug for three days the sugar level is still more than 300. Please suggest some effective drug to control.
Asked On : Thu, 15 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  309
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
On an average drugs like glimmepride are effective in controlling blood sugar for about five years,during which period their effect gradually diminishes and ultimately a stage is reached when they are ineffective in in controlling blood sugar even at highest dose.this stage is popularly called as secondary SU failure.However it is actually due to failure of beta cells in pancreas to respond.
It seems that you will be requiring insulin now and oral anti diabetic drugs will not have much effect on you.
Consult a diabetologist for the exact treatment.
Answered: Sat, 21 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor