• question-icon

    What causes yellow discoloration on the feet?

Posted on Tue, 1 Aug 2017 in Diabetes
Question: Hi ,
suddenly today I find that my feet become little yellowish ...and I m feeling little sweating in AC also .....n I m diabetic n not follow regular tablets n based on controlling regular food habits n also I have 8 mm right kidney stone.
Pls suggest some immediate medicines if required
Age - 30
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
No medication needed at the moment.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. I have checked the attached images. Your feet did not seem yellowish to me. However, it would be a good idea to get your liver function test done in order to rule out jaundice. Based on the reports suitable interventions can be planned.

As of now it would not be advisable to take any medicines, except for the antidiabetic medication or any others that you regularly take. Drink plenty of water.

Let me know if I could help further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Follow up: Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 3 hours later
Hi ,
Thank you for the reply.
Please Suggest some anti diabetic medicine for few days .as currently i am out of station on my duty and i need some urgent diabetic medication i think .
as due to outstation stay and deviation from my food habits i think mu sugar level is on higher side , as i am facing frequent urination problem.
03 yrs back i took trig-lime save 1 and nuromark for the diabetic which i took for 1.5 yrs but due to regular exercises and diet control , my sugar level was pretty normal, then i left medicine from last 1.5 yrs and being on control diet . but things routine suddenly change from last few months . and form last 02 days i am really unconformable with my urination habits now i m not getting the tablet -trig-lime and nuromark in the current city , i will be back to home city in 03 days . so till then please suggest alternate medicine.

Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please provide the details of the medication

Detailed Answer:
There are a number of antidiabetic medicines. The exact choice depends upon multiple factors which would require clinical evaluation and correlation. Furthermore, the dose can only be finalized after monitoring the response. You would need to visit and remain in regular follow up of a doctor (preferably an endocrinologist/diabetologist) for the same.

The alternative brands for Nuromark (1500mcg) (Mecobalamin) can be found at http://www.medindia.net/drug-price/mecobalamin/nuromark-1500mcg.htm

Please attach an image of the medicine foil for -trig-lime as I am not aware of any medicines by such a name. If I can get to know the contents I can suggest a suitable alternative.

If your blood sugar level is in control you may continue the way things are going. However, periodic follow up would still be required.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Follow up: Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 5 minutes later
Its----- Triglime Save 1 mg
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Alternatives provided

Detailed Answer:
Triglimisave 1 Tablet contains Glimepiride, and Pioglitazone as active ingredients.

Alternatives can be found through:

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Answered by
Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :1954

Answered : 4438 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on

Recent questions on  Pioglitazone

doctor1 MD

I am taking Metformin 500 mg 2 x a day and was taking Actos. I had severe diarrhea from Actos and so my doctor changed it to Onglyza 2.5 mg 1 x...

doctor1 MD

sir I am a male of 46yrs .today my fasting sugar is 172 and pp is 230.i was taking metformin 500mg since last 6months.but unfortunately since last...

doctor1 MD

Sir i am using Pioglit Mf 15, 3 tab per day and Reclide 80mg 4 tab per day any how my sugar levels are in control sir can i continue them for long...

doctor1 MD

I am 44 year old male with slightly obese structure. I have been diabetic for last 12 years, I started with metformin and then shifted pioglitazone...

doctor1 MD

My CA19-9 have been progressing, after a Whipple, from about 397 to about 1043. I am also diabetic and taking Glipizide XL and generic Actos with...

doctor1 MD

Is Oolong Tea save to drink if I am taking a blood thinner? I know it is known for numerous medicinal properties. Also I am a diebetic who last...

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

136 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction
Questions Answered By Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha
  • Q - Suggest treatment for severe loose motion

  • Q - Is there any cure for degenerative mucoid cyst associated with...

  • Q - Suggest treatment for chronic severe diarrhea and stomach pain

  • Q - Does Klonopin of a different brand cause any adverse reactions?

  • Q - What causes unusual sweating?

  • Q - Suggest treatment for joints pain in a person with IBS

  • Q - What are the side effects of Superglue injection?

  • Q - Suggest remedy for excessive dryness in mouth

  • Q - Is restarting of Casodex advisable after stopping it?

  • Q - Suggest treatment for severe constipation