Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
166 Doctors are Online

Suggest medication for elevated blood sugar levels

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1969
Answered : 2439 Questions
sir I am a male of 46yrs .today my fasting sugar is 172 and pp is 230.i was taking metformin 500mg since last 6months.but unfortunately since last 1month I stopped that and started taking some ayurvedic medicines prescribed by an ayurvedic doctor.but today's blood test panicked please suggest which allopathy medicines should I take to get a control of my blood sugar level.
Fri, 11 May 2018 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Uday Nath Sahoo 2 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your query on HCM

"As"per your clinical history is concerned please follow like this -

As your sugar level is high so discuss with your treating Doctor about [pioglitazone + metformin]combination and take it regularly and check your fasting blood sugar every one month and tell your Doctor to adjust dose if required.

Do take some preventive steps like this -

1)Eat healthy foods. Choose foods lower in fat and calories and higher in fiber. Focus on fruits, vegetables and whole grains.

2)Do more physical activity. Aim for 30 minutes of moderate physical activity a day. If you can't fit in a long workout, break it up into smaller sessions spread throughout the day.

3)Try to lose excess pounds. If you're overweight, losing even 7 percent of your body weight can reduce the risk of diabetes complications. To keep your weight in a healthy range, focus on permanent changes to your eating and exercise habits.

Hope that helps
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Diabetologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor