Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online

Trying to wean smoking cigarettes, hashish, do not feel like myself, fogged thinking, depression. Will this stay for a while?

Hi, I have been smoking cigarettes and hashish since 2006 and now I am planning to stop and I also use to take tramadol for a while but now um planning on quitting all that but the problem is that I am not myself anymore… I can’t think like before I don’t laugh or interact with other like I use to , and I can also feel depression . Its hard for me to go to a doctor and tell them about my situation , will this stay for a while ..? or forever? Will I be myself again ?
Asked On : Fri, 14 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  22
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Jun 2013
Hi there ~

I understand your concerns. Getting off of cigarettes can be tough. I usually use CBT as well as medications called Zyban or bupropion to help with quitting smoking. Hashish is a more potent and harmful substance and you will need monitored withdrawal from the medication under medical supervision in a rehab facility after detoxing in an inpatient unit. I hope you consult a psychiatrist to get back on the path to recovery and be yourself again.

I hope this helps. Take care of yourself and have a lovely day!
Answered: Wed, 3 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor