Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Trying to conceive, on clomig. Found sticky thick brown discharge. Pregnant?

Hi, I'm 26 years old. I had an ectopic pregnacy (fallopian) in May 2010 which was terminated at about 8 weeks. I lost my right fallopian tube. I was later diagnosed with PCOS in August 2012 as I never had regular periods. In Oct 2012, I had a positive Hpt, however, my doctor said I was not pregnant but just had a large cyst in my ovary that was releasing HCG. They removed it together with ovarian drilling on both ovaries. I never had any period afterwards for 4 months till I took provera in February 2010. I'm trying to conceive so I took clomig (50mg) from day 3-7. I used OPK on and got a positive on day 14 and 15, I'm assuming I ovulated on the 15th or 16th day. My husband and I baby danced from day 14 to 16. I'm on day 40 and still my HPTs are negative and I never got any period. I've had a sticky thick brown discharge and mild abdominal pains for the past 3 days. I'm a bit worried on what's going on. What are the chances that I could be pregnant and the HPT is not picking it up? Is it possible that the OPK gave me a false positive? What is this brown discharge. I'm even more scared to go to the doctor, every time I walk in there with abdominal pains, I end up in the theatre room.
Asked On : Sat, 6 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  33
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
OBGYN 's  Response
The discharge you have right now could probably be originating from the hormonal imbalance. It looks like a breakthrough bleeding. OPKs are usually predictable when performed following the instructions strictly. Sometimes, they may not pick up the LH surge early enough. Since you are not menstruating naturally, it would not be right to say that you have a missed period. It would be ideal before you commence induction to go through the protocol investigations again and in view of your limited ovarian reserve and the loss of a tube, I would suggest ART for you. Please visit an infertility specialist for further advice. Take care.
Answered: Sat, 6 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor