Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

Trying to conceive, have missed period, negative pregnancy test. Taken m2tone, clomid for PCOS, blocked fallopian tube. Should I continue m2tone with folic acid?

I m a 31 year old lady , got married at the age of 30. was diagnosed with PCOS sometime last year, with one blocked fallopian tube . was placed on some hormonal drugs like duphastone, progesterone pills etc to regulate my periods and achieve pregnancy but it i soon gave up on that when i dint get the desired result after 7months. I started taking m2 tone afterwards, saw my period after taking it for a month, 2 tablets, 3 times daily., later combined it with clomid on the 3rd day of my cycle, althought the flow was very light, it lasted for 8 days. the second months passed on , still on m2 tone with clomid after i saw my period. this is the third month now, i have missed my period which was due on the 5th of this month,i went for a pregancy test today , the result showed that am not pregnant,. even with my missed period. I am so confused now, i dont know what to do, should i continue the m2 tone or stop the medication? I combine the m2 tone with folic acid , that is taken once a day. Please i need your candid advise, on this. I need to start having kids as soon as possible. Thanks. Doris.
Asked On : Thu, 12 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  1660
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Infertility Specialist 's  Response
Hi Doris
Welcome to HealthcareMagic
As you told you have PCOS and one fallopian tube is also blocked. PCOS is a common problem among women which leads to infertility. Every month only one egg comes out of the ovary and available for fertilization but you cant predict which side ovary will ovulate. As you told one side tube is blocked and if ovulation occurs that side only then chances of pregnancy will be very low. You need to undergo follicular monitoring (By ultrasound) to see growth of egg and side of ovulation. If ovulation is occurring from favorable side then there is chance of pregnancy . As you have PCOS I would suggest you to undergo certain hormonal tests like LH,FSH, Testosterone ,DHEAS ( Also s.prolactin n TSH) etc.. and if there is disturbance of hormones then it need to be treated accordingly. You have not mentioned about your age and weight. I would suggest you to lose weight if you are overweight by diet control and exercise. Get your blood sugar checked as it also has adverse effect on fertility. M2 tone and folic acid can be continued. You need to take tab clomiphene to induce ovulation, do follicular monitoring to see growth of egg and side of ovulation and then try by timed intercourse or IUI. Take care
Answered: Sat, 14 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful

 2 users find this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor