Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Trying to conceive, had sex post ovulation. Could there be a chance of pregnancy?

hi I am trying to conceive, i would like to know if i ovulated on 21st of january and had tried to conceive on the 26th 27th 28th 29th of January can i fall pregnant and will i miss my period which is due on the 4th of february if i am or will i get this period and have to wait to miss the next period how soon can i do a urine test.
Asked On : Mon, 4 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  20
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Mar 2013
Thanks for your query.
Technically, sperm survives for about 3 - 5 days, and the mature egg is viable for 24 hours after ovulation.
So there is always technically a chance for conception around the dates that you mention.
If you have conceived in january, you would miss your period that is due on the 4th of January, and if you have regular cycles, you can take your pregnancy test anytime after the 5th of February.
take care.
Answered: Tue, 5 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor