Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Treated with Prednisone for sinusitis, slight headache everyday, pain in the eye area. Chronic sinusitis ?

Hello. I m a 23 year old male. I have never seen an ENT but my general doctor treated my sinusitis problem with Prednisone and allergy medicine. I m pretty sure that I have chronic sinusitis because I always feel a slight headache everyday, pain in the eye area, I feel really lazy most of the time (lack of energy) and my body has aches once in a while. What can I do to make it better?? I feel I m wasting my youth away because this condition takes away the energy I need to do my things.
Asked On : Sat, 24 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  104
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Allergist and Immunologist 's  Response
For chronic rhinosinusitis, you must ensure that you have a CT Paranasal sinuses scan to ensure this is the correct diagnosis. The scan will also give us information on the extent of damage to the osteomeatal complex. This will guide treatment.

As far as allergic rhinosinusitis is concerned, you need skin prick tests or blood test for allergy (specific IgE test) against aeroallergens such as dust mite, molds, fungal allergens etc to confirm the diagnosis.

Long acting antihistamines such as allegra 180mg, nasonex nasal sprays are recommended for 3 months (as a start). Prednisolone is not recommend to treat allergies unless symptoms are very severe, not responding to high dose antihistamines, and when only used for short periods.

I hope this helps.
Best Wishes.
Answered: Sat, 24 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor