Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online

Tongue swelling on consuming left overs, swelling and itching of fingers and toes, temporary relief with prednisone, negative lupus test. Help?

I woke up with a swollen tongue after consuming some leftovers. The problem then shifted to fingers and toes. My fingers and toes began swelling up and itchy uncontrolably. The problem doesnt occur in the same place but would rather switch on the days it flares up. I went to the ER and was given Prednisone for 5 days, the symptoms went away but has since returned after the drugs finished. Also my doc did a series of test including lupus and they all came back negative. HELP. I need my life back..
Asked On : Thu, 6 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  29
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Allergist and Immunologist 's  Response
the allergy can develop at any time with any substance
and once allergy develops with any allergen it takes few wk after the allergen exposure
any food can can start reacting with body proteins to cause allergy as the tongue is swollen it means it is food and after short anti allergic tab or steroiuds it subsides it take 2-3 wek to get the effect of allergen out of body
the allergy can also be triggered by oils shampoo creams ointments and other body materials
need to investigate for cause and treat to prevent further recurences
at present use anti allergic tabs antacid
local antiallergic ointment on area and local mouth paint antiallergic in mouth for 2 wk
Answered: Tue, 17 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor