Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Tenderness under jawline, swollen lymph node. Which specialist should I consult?

I have a little bit of tenderness under my jaw line on my left side. There appears to be a small lump, which I think is a swollen lymph node, (it seems to be oval shaped sort of and not very big) however, it seems to sort of flair up once in a while. Any ideas what this could be, and or what type of doctor I should go see?
Asked On : Mon, 29 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  204
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016
Thanks for your query.You have a swollen lymph node bellow your jaw.This is secondary to some infection in the mouth,tooth, gum or throat,Please take some antibiotic for 5 days If it increases in size and becomes pailful consult some surgeon who will remove it under local anesthesia.
Answered: Mon, 29 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor