Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

194 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Teen, diabetic, persistent chest pain since tonsillitis treatment, normal chest X-ray. Cause of chest soreness?

I am 15 and a diabetic. I had acute tonsilitus and a pain in my chest 2 weeks ago. The doctors gave me Penicillin for my chest pain and it cleared up straight away but the tonsilitus was still bad. I do not have a fever . My throat has cleared up now but the pain in my chest has come back and it is really sore. The hospital did a chest X ray and some blood tests and said I was ok. Why is my chest still sore when I eat and drink and what should I do now?
Mon, 29 Oct 2012
Report Abuse
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,  
Lab Tests ,  
Diabetologist 's  Response

Dear Collinsfamily

I feel it could be due to inflammation/infection of esophagus or due to Severe Acidity problem consult Gastroenterologist

Regarding Tonsillitis : as you know that best Doc is ENT surgeon

do not be panic and everything will be ok

all the best
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Hello, I am a 33 year old female, non-smoker. I am concerned that I may have a pancoast tumor in my lungs. This is a special type of tumor that sits at the apex of the lungs. I have had 5 chest xrays over the last 2 months, all of them were clean. My doctor won t send me for a CT scan because he says that he doesn t want to expose me to unnecessary radiation . My symptoms include: a burning pain in my right arm and numbness in the last two fingers on my right hand that started at the end of January. The burning and numbness in the right arm have since went away. Now my neck, right shoulder, right upper part of my chest and right arm are sore. My doctor believes this may be caused by a pinched nerve in my neck and muscle spasms/tension. I go for am MRI of the brain and c- spine next week. An EMG on my right arm showed mild carpal tunnel and a right shoulder xray and ultrasound were clean. I am concerned because I still have many right sided symptoms. I have had multiple clean chest x-rays but know that chest x-rays sometimes miss tumors at the apex of the lungs, such as pancoast. Do you think I should believe the 5 clean x-rays? Could this be a pinched nerve? Worried and scared. Michelle

doctor1 MD

Hi, I was in the emergency room on saturday nite, complaints of chest pain/tightness traveling down both arms, hard to take a deep breath. They did a ECG, and that was normal, hooked me up to a monitor and that was fine, did blood work and results came back negative. They took my blood pressure which ranged from 120/90 to 145/77 within a two hour block, gave me 4 baby aspirin which did nothing, took chest x-rays which showed nothing, and booked me for a stress test for early june. I know I m under alot of stress right now, but i feel that something else could be wrong, or am i just feeling that it has to be something? Im still having chest pains, arms still feel heavy, still lightheaded at times throughtout the day, whats wrong with me please?                                                                  

doctor1 MD

my father aged abt 70 yrs x-ray report says all things are normal in position and lung parenchyma reveals no active parenchymal lesion..he is fine now ,but 4 days before he was suffered from chest pain suddenly..his neck portion is also in a bit pain...doctors have no clue here

Recent questions on  Blood test

doctor1 MD

I have no symptom of urination or feeling hungry. many times leg muscles pain. yesterday my FBS found to be 133. Previous day evening I had taken dinner (sugar was added in the dish) at 6 pm. I have given sample for Hba1C. Am I to take diabateics medicne now or wait

doctor1 MD

sudden on set of numbness, no pain on both sides; seems to have settled from bottom of feet through chest, then some parts of arm; fingertips. Blood work shows slightly elevated white blood count; no b12 deficiency, iron slightly low, but not very low. MRI norma.

doctor1 MD

Hi, I am Satendra 28 year old. before one month ago my hemoglobin level is low as per hematology report. then I have used Dexorenge syrup. then hemoglobin level is now normal. I want to know that, Will there be any side effects on prolonged use of this syrup. pls suggest the same.

doctor1 MD

Dear Sir ,iam having a positive igm test of tb but a negative tb test as well as a negative igg test.iam suffering from tb ,.Also iam suffering from seronegative artheritis,though my test for ra r negative ad only c-reactive protine test and esr test r out of range .My age is 30 years , weight 67 kg ,height 5.4ft

doctor1 MD

I am having sinus pressure and I recently had pneumonia . I do use salt water rinse. Today I kept falling asleep. I got up and ate dinner but tonight I am again fighting to stay awake. I saw my Doctor yesterday, she did a blood test . Thank you, XXXX

doctor1 MD

My ESR Test Result: 30mm/hr in 1st hour and 2nd hour 60mm/hr why it’s come like can you please explain. Last 2 weeks on word i ma getting itching .what the reason The doctor has started working on your question. Once the doctor submits the answer,...

doctor1 MD

I have pain in my upper right hand side of my chest, feel sick after eating, and get really hungry, and thirsty. Could this indicate esophageal cancer or gallbladder problems?