• question-icon

Taken antibiotics for flu like symptoms. Have numb hands, heavy arms. Heart problem?

Hi I have had flu like symptoms for 5 weeks been on antibiotics but still not clear of a cold like feeling' I also have numb hands and heavy arms for the last 4 weeks, I am going to be checked for carpel tunnel next week, just wondering if this sounds like it could have something to do with my heart my left hand is worse then the right
Thanks for taking the time to read

Regards Sarah
Tue, 13 Aug 2013
Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist 's  Response
From your description, this does not sound like it would be associated with your heart even though your left arm is worse than your right. A flu-like illness can cause a general feeling of heaviness in all limbs.
I hope this has reassured you.
Dr K A Pottinger
MBChB FRCA