Swollen taste buds and metallic taste in mouth. Is this a typical response to treatment ?

Hi Dr. Three months ago I began teatment for oral thrush , I am a 58 year old woman in excellent health, this came out of the blue, no reason could be identified by my Dr. cbc and chem panel showed nothing out of the ordinary. I was on two rounds of nystatin, each time I was done with the medication the feeling in my mouth like I had been burned with hot coffee returned. I have been on two rounds of 10 mg clotrimazole, which has been the same experience, each time I am finished with the medication it comes back. Now my taste buds are swollen and I have a metallic taste in my mouth which started yesterday. I am wondering if this is really thrush and if so is this a typical response to treatment ? Or could I have something else going on here ?
Wed, 11 May 2011