Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Swollen painful ankle due to tripping. Do I need crutches to let it heal properly ?

Hiya, i tripped down a step yesterday at work, and my ankle is swolen and is very painful, i have to hop around, i can only walk on my tip toe on my right foot and hobble around but it still hurts a lot, i dont know what ive done to it? i feel as if i need crutches so i can stop putting pressue on the foot to let it heal properly?
Asked On : Thu, 4 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  26
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Cardiologist 's  Response
The first thing to do is to rest the part - especially if painful!
A cold compress and over the counter pain relieving medicines may help
You have not stated your age or gender...
An X-ray has to be taken to rule out a fracture (not necessary to be in 2 pieces!)
Please try to see a bone specialist - he may apply a PoP (plaster of Paris) cast
A stitch in time saves nine!
Good luck
Answered: Thu, 4 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor