Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Swollen lymph node, 3 of them on the same side, neck fullness, internal medicine doctor or specialist to treat ?

I ve had a swollen lymph node on the right side of my neck for ten years or so, a couple of years ago a doctor found a second one on the same side and tole me not to worry about it. Now I ve found a third one on the same side, and my neck is starting to feel full on that side. Is this something I should start to worry about? I don t really have a primary care dr, I m a 32 year old female who has never really had any health problems. If I do need to see a dr should it be an interal medicine dr or a specialist of sorts?
Asked On : Sun, 15 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  155
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Dear sarahfilep Hello I am Dr Sharma ENT surgeon. On the basis of the information provided it appears to be lymphadenitis ans as the number of swellings in neck are increasing it needs to be investigated. I would advise to see a ENT surgeon and thenext line appears to be fine needle aspiration cytology -- a needle is passed in swelling and the aspirate is seen under a microscope to leek for the cause of swelling. It has a fairly good accuracy and will help us in deciding the course of action. It may be because of a variety of causes ranging from infection to neoplasia. I hppe this answers your concern with regards Ravinder Sharma
Answered: Sun, 15 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor