Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Swollen lump on the knuckle after an injury. Cartilage damage?

Hi I punched a door about 2 months ago and after all my hand swelling and goin down there's a lump left on my knuckle where my middle finger meets my hand. When I clench my fist it's like I have a second knuckle but its all fluid feeling to push around with a Grissel feel too. Is this cartilage damage or synovial fluid that's moved my middle finger doesn't straighten completely unless forced and there's a little pain. What could this be?
Asked On : Sat, 4 May 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  787
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
The swollen lump that s not painful can be due to a soft tissue injury to the area or a hematoma formation. Rest, mild pain killers and hot fomentation should help in improvement.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal ,
Answered: Sun, 16 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor