Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

Swollen bump filled with puss in pubic area after shaving. How can it be treated?

I shaved approximately 2 weeks ago, and I have formed a pimple-like bump in my pubic area. The bump is swollen and when I popped it puss came out. What is this and can I treat it at home? I have not had Sexual Intercourse so there is no way it is an STD . When I shaved, I did so upwards in only one spot which is the same area the bump is at.
Asked On : Fri, 15 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  612
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
hi.welcome to healthcaremagic forum.
thanks for writing in.
as per your description, it is folliculitis i.e. infection of hair is not STD.maintain hygiene and apply some local antibacterial.if not subsided, meet in person to doctor.
good luck.
Answered: Fri, 15 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor