Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

Swollen and red patches around eyes. Had car accident. Advice?

Good day doctor. I would like to find out more about my swollen, red patches around my both eyes esp the right side. Previous to my car accident I never had this problem. This only always happen on and off after since my car accident impacted on my face . Isn t the tissue around my eyes has been damaged. Please advise. Suffer patient
Asked On : Wed, 31 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  102
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Hi Pearllnp,
Thanks for posting your query.
The redish discoloration of the area around eyes and eyelids is called raccoon eyes or panda eye sign and is pathognomonic of severe head injury involving local injuries of the soft tissues or the fracture of skull bone particularly the base of skull.
You should get examined by physician of your locality and get NCCT brain if not done yet.
You should be proactive in this matter because at times patients can throw sudden seizures and may become sick to any extent.
Hope I have answered your query.
If you have any questions I will be happy to answer.
Answered: Wed, 31 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor