Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
142 Doctors are Online

Swelling in the stomach after alcohol consumption, vomiting blood. Normal ultrasound and blood test reports. Will a CT scan be helpful?

Hi Mr Grief. i have a swelling right across the base of my stomach after having a bad reaction to to alchol and throwing up blood. i have had blood tests done and a ultra sound done and both have come back as clear, would a ct scan reveal if i have something secious wrong. i weight 14st 10lbs but have a waist measurement of 48 inches which i cant explain as i eat well 95% of the time. i limit the bad food i eat to an absolute minimum. any help would be greatly appriciated.
Asked On : Tue, 9 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  25
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

The first thing to do in a swelling of stomach is to do endoscopy and take a biopsy...
Varicosity has to be excluded...
A CT scan helps – the extent, exact location, adjacent areas, lymph nodes and so on / far more in detail than ultrasound...
A waist measurement of 48 inches is morbid obesity – you need help from an Internist...

Take care
Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Answered: Thu, 4 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor