Suggest treatment for a mild pneumonia

I had a physical in early January and was given a clean bill of health. On Feb 12 as I was walking through the kitchen I felt light headed and fell against the pellet stove, impacting the ribs at my left kidney area, this injury, and the bad cold I'd had for about a week, prompted me to go to the emergency room where I was diagnosed with mild pneumonia and prescribed a 5 day course of antibiotics. The nurse on seeing my urine sample. commented on its dark color. On seeing my doc 3 days later she informed me that we needed to keep checking the urine for blood. I have had 5 urine tests done since the ER visit. The first 2, done within 2 weeks of the injury to the kidney area showed some red cells, the 3 done since March 1st have come up clean. My doc referred me to a urologist, who after a quick exam, informed me that a CT scan and a cystoscopy would be necessary to rule out bladder cancer. I was given the CT scan. My question is, is the cystoscopy, this invasive surgical procedure really necessary? Can't the fact that the hematuria cleared up within 2 weeks of a trauma that is known to be its cause be reason to feel that it is not a cancer symptom?
I am 52, 180 pounds, and have never had any serious medical problems.
Thank You, Mike Herbert
Wed, 14 Dec 2016