Suggest treatment for obstructive voiding symptoms due to urethral stenosis

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Fri, 11 May 2018 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: I have diabetes and cholesterol.
Gerd and ibs
Now the main health issue is my urine gets blocked many times or if it comes very slowly. I have done kidney function test but it is normal. I have consulted urologist he told that it is meatal stenosis. And advice me to do cystscopy.
But I don't want to go for cystscopy. But I heard results of cystscopy are not good. The widening of urethra pipe done by cystscopy is a temporary solution.
After some months or year again and again cystscopy has to be done. Again using a cather or home dilation. Pls I don't want to do all this.
Pls suggest me some medicine so that I don't have to undergo cystscopy.
I am a diabetes patient. My diabetes fluctuates many times from high to low low to high.
I am unmarried and don't get periods properly.
I am sending my sonagraphy and medicine that I am taking now
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
To get endoscopic Calibration of urethra done is the only best option .

Detailed Answer:
hello
Thanks for query .

Based on the facts and reports that you have posted you seem to have Obstructive Voiding Symptoms due to urethral stenosis .

At the outset I would like to state that this is a mechanical obstruction to urine out flow which can not be cured with medicines .What you need is to calibrate(Widen) the urethra endoscopicaly which has to be followed by clean self catheterization every day for 3 months to keep urethra widely open and dilated .

This is the proper scientific approach to resolve the issue You have fear in your mind regarding Cystoscopy and long standing results of the procedure but I would state that this is the best and only solution to resolve the issue .Failing which you will have back pressure changes in kidney which over a period of few years will gradually damage your both the kidneys.

Cystoscopic dilatation is a very minor procedure which followed by self dilatation everyday gives rewarding results.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 4 hours later
Thank you dr
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
O.K Bye.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up .
You have anxiety about Cystoscopic calibration of urethra <however in reality it is very simple procedure and gives encouraging results .

Get it done at earliest .

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.