Suggest treament for nail fungus

Hi, I have nail fungus. My father and brother have it too. (Is there such a thing as being genetically more suspectible to toenail fungus? ). My toenail was damaged and there was blood in the nail, after a while the nail started to get thicker and now all my nails have fungus. I went to a doctor 4 years ago and he removed the toenail. I didn t even have an ingrown nail at that time and after the removal the shape of the nail has changed and now i have an ingrown toenail. I cut it to ease the pain. What i want to ask is what should i do? Should i start oral treatment? I m really afraid of it because of the possible liver damage and i m out all day so my feet are in a closed environment almost all the time, wouldn t this trigger the fungus again after using all the medication? And is the laser treatment effective? I asked the doctor first he said that it was new and uneffective because they didn t have the laser treatment at that time. The next time i went to him he said that it was effective. (The hospital has bought the machine). I lost my trust to doctors and i don t know what to do please help me.
Tue, 23 Jul 2019

The symptoms seem to be related to a fungal infection of the nails.

I suggest using antifungal cream for local application such as Miconazole cream.

I also suggest using Diflucan.

I recommend maintaining good hygiene.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi, General & Family Physician