Will Gentamicin sulfate treat an infection resulting from ingrown nail removal?
both effective against the bacteria most likely causing infection
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic
These types of infections are most commonly due to the stap bacteria therefore oral antibiotics which treat this type of bacteria can work
Clindamycin is effective against stap.
Gentamicin sulfate also works for this bacteria so they can both be used
Oral medication would likely work best so this should be your first option if possible.
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Ingrown nail causes
- Symptoms of Ingrown nail
- Chlorsig eye ointment for ingrown nail
- Drugs/medication for Ingrown nail
- Gentamicin sulfate for ear infections
- Diagnosis of Ingrown nail
- Treatment and cure for Ingrown nail
- Sedation for ingrown nail
- Fucithalmic acid for ingrown nails
- What cures the infection between toes and the ingrown nails