• question-icon

Suggest remedy for vitamin b12 deficiency

hi i am sandep jain .. i am suffering vitamin b12 deficiency..doctor suggested me vitcofol injection twice a day but it was occured sensitive..he said you cannot take injection because it may react . so he suggested me tablet methylcobalamin.. but my vitamin b12 level not improved.. please suggest me
Mon, 4 Nov 2019
Neurologist 's  Response

I like the idea better of injections but if you had an allergic reaction then, tablets are really your best medication (if not your only medication choice). Of course, I always recommend to my B12 deficient patients (even those on injections) that they should improve their overall dietary consumption of B12 by simply escalating the amounts of ANIMAL PRODUCTS in their diets.

Everything that is meat, fish, liver, chicken, and dairy products contain a very good amount of B12 in its content and if you eat large amounts of these items on a daily basis your levels should go up. It can take as long as 30 days of continuous filling up on B12 to see a difference though with injections it is usually very quickly noticed.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Dariush Saghafi, Neurologist