Suggest Remedy For Skin Rashes

Hi, Both my husband and I got what we thought was a heat rash, but a week later and we still have it. Essentially our goosebumps on our arms and legs are itchy and a bit red. We've tried creams to soothe it but nothing seems to work, and we've also stayed out of the sun. What could it be...and how do we make them go away? THANKS
Tue, 24 May 2022

You and your husband are having skin rashes that are red and itchy. You are suggested not to touch, pop or scratch as it will result in the spread of the infection. To get relief, you can take non sedating antihistamine. Both of you should take bath with antibacterial soap or lotion. Thereafter, apply ointment hydrocortisone to get rid of the itching.

Get all your clothes and bedding washed in hot water. Avoid sharing toiletries. Do not use perfumed soaps, harsh chemical cosmetics and stay away from animal dander, strong fumes, dust, paint, etc. It should go away in 3-5 days. If not get clinically examined by a dermatologist / ER and get blood workouts done and treated at the earliest. Stay away from addictions if any.

Take care. Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Nupur K., General & Family Physician