Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Suffering with squint in both eyes. Is there any other option apart from surgery?

This is Ms.Jayashree Panchal from Pune, I am 32 years old and facing squint eye problem with my both eyes. I am very much afraid for eye surgery specially the injection which doctors giving in eyes before operation. I want to correct my eyes, is there any way to do surgery without giving injection in tho the eyes? what will be the cost?
Asked On : Fri, 11 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  77
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Hi Ms Panchal,

Thanks for your question. There are several treatments available for squints that may or may not be suitable for your case.

The simplest treatment is to use prisms in your glasses. These will prevent double vision but can be impractical for very big squints as the glasses become very heavy.

There is also the option of BOTOX injection into one of your eye muscles. This may not be the best option for you as you are afraid of needles but it is a very quick procedure that takes only a couple of minutes. However, the effects are temporary and you usually require further injections a few months later.

Surgery is usually a good long-term solution for squint. If done under local anaesthetic with you awake, you will require an injection just below your eye (peri-bulbar block). This is to prevent the pain when the surgeon is operating.

The best option for you would be to have the operation under general anaesthetic (with you asleep). Most squint operations are done this way. You will be put to sleep gently and the injections and surgery will be carried out without you aware.

Answered: Fri, 12 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor