Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Suffering with prolonged vaginal infection, no improvement with various medicines. Recommended treatment?

hi doctor i m 25 yrs old. i m soon getting married within 2 months.i have been suffering from vaginal infection since 4 - 5 years.i even consulted a physician and taken treatments like oitments and tablets but its still there.plz can u recommend something. i m very upset as it may get transfer to my partner. plzzzz help
Asked On : Mon, 8 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  19
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Welcome to the forum. I can understand your concern for your health problem. I recommend you to visit a gynecologist and get clinically examined. You have not mentioned the details of the symptoms that is the causing you such upsets.

You should get urine ( routine and culture/sensitivity) done. Depending on the severity of your symptoms and diagnosis you will be advised ( VDRL or Australia antigen). You should get treated properly before marriage else you may infect your partner. Don't feel shy and get treated. You are in need of antibiotics.

Take high protein diet, food rich in calcium, you may take some antioxidants to help yourself with your general health conditions. Take plenty of water, do not hold urine for long. Have an antiseptic wash whenever you go into the rest room. Improve your toilet habits, keep yourself hygienically clean.

Enjoy good health, take care.
Answered: Mon, 8 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor