Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Suffering from stroke, unable to speak. Can it get better?

Doctor my brother is suffering from stroke and unable to speak audibly,what help can we get to bring such situation to normalcy?He also cannot walk properly as the right leg is very weak,the right hand weak from the shoulder joint . If possible kindly recommend medicines for the problem. Here is my email address for your quick answers.Email: YYYY@YYYY Waiting anxiously for your kind response. Mr. Ogba Omokorie Nwojo, Phone: +0000
Asked On : Fri, 21 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  52
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Radiologist 's  Response
Hi welcome to HCM,
difficult to tell you, but there is no immediate solution for stroke i.e paralysis.He is suffering from hemiparesis. Physiotheraphy will help to gain power in upper and lower limb, but it will be a gradual procedure and depends on extent of damage of bran. You have to take antithrombolytic medicine to avoid further stroke.
Thanking you.
Answered: Fri, 21 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor