Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Suffering from lower abdominal pain. Started bleeding after intercourse, feels like lump on front wall of cervix. Any suggestion?

hi ive been suffering lower abdominal pain now for 7 months ive been to the gp numerous times and have been referred for an ultrasound scan, recently after sexual intercourse i started bleeding bright red fresh blood, after the intercourse myself and my partner could feel like a lump on the front wall of my cervix and abdominal pain increased
Asked On : Thu, 28 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  43
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
thank you for your query,
Vaginal bleeding, and a cervical mass may indicate the presence of malignancy. Also, moderate pain during sexual intercourse and vaginal discharge are symptoms of cervical cancer.
Cervical cancer is a malignant neoplasm arising from cells originating in the cervix uteri.
the pain in your lower abdomen is mostly because of the lump on the cervix.
the most common cause for cervical cancer is Human Papilloma Virus (HPV)

At this point i would suggest you to undergo a basic Pap Screening
and a further Biopsy of the lump to confirm the diagnosis.
depending on that your OB/GYN will start the prescribed tretament..

thanking you,
wishing you good health
Answered: Fri, 14 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor