Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Suffering from gastritis. Hurts under rib cage, loss of appetite. Not cured by medicine. Alternate solution?

well its very similar to the other question i feels gases well bubbles moveing in my lower stomach for some time and it hurts sometimes and sometimes under my rib cage as well and i lose interest in eatting sometimes and i have gone to doctor and he gave me pills for acid??? but the bubbles and loss of interest is still here..
Asked On : Wed, 18 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  64
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi, thank you for posting.

I have gone through your query and I understand your concerns.

Your symptoms show that you suffer from IBS(Irritable bowel syndrome). The causes of this disease are unknown.

To treat IBS I recommend:
1. Eliminating spicy foods, acidic foods, fried foods, alcoholic drinks, carbonated drinks, coffee and milk from your diet.
2. Quitting smoking(if you do smoke).
3. Taking antacid medicines such as Nexium.

To confirm the diagnosis you need:
1. Fibrogastroendoscopy.
2. Abdominal ultrasound.
3. Liver function test.
4. Complete blood count.
5. Urine test.

Contact your gastroenterologist.

All the best.
Dr. Behar.
Answered: Sun, 22 Jun 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor