What causes discomfort in the chest while on Amoxicillin?
I have been having a lot of discomfort in my stomach area for a few months now so i went and had an endoscopy done. The doctor called me today to tell me something showed up on the swab but i am away for 2 months and am panicking it could be h pylori. The reason why i am freaking out is bc i know that hyplori could result in stomach cancer and is treated with antibiotics like amoxicillin. I have been on amoxicillin so many times over the past 15 yrs for utis and am worried that if i have h pylori why it hasnt gone away with all the antibiotics i have been on.
Is this the only thing that the swab can detect? Or could there be other findings other than h pylori?
Proper H.pylori protocol has to be taken.
Thanks choosing HealthcareMagic for your query.
Have gone through your details and i appreciate your concerns.
As per your query my dear patient Amoxicillin is given in high doses with Tinidazole and Omeprazole for 21 days to eradicate H.pylori infection.This is called H.Pylori protocol.
Amoxicillin 1000 mg twice daily has to be taken with Tinidazole 1gram twice daily with Omeprazole 40 mg once daily for 21days.
All are prescription medicines.
Most likely Its H.Pylori only as in most of the cases H.pylori is there in gut epithelium.
Proper treatment as per H.pylori protocol has to be taken for 21 days initially to eradicate H.pylori.Off and on treatment with Amoxicilin won’t help.
Hope i cleared your doubts.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Does amoxicillin cause stuttering
- Can amoxicillin cause constipation
- What causes discomfort in chest while running
- Amoxicillin cause blood in urine
- What causes stomach cramps when on amoxicillin
- Can amoxicillin cause bleeding
- Can amoxicillin cause amenorrhea
- Can amoxicillin cause nausea
- Does amoxicillin cause thrush
- Amoxicillin causing rectal bleeding
- What causes chronic pain after several abdominal surgeries?
- What do my lab test reports indicate?
- How do belly bands function when inserted through the mouth?
- What causes burning sensation in the stomach along with vomiting?
- What does an SGPT value of 133 and alkaline phosphate of 103 indicate?
- Are stomachache, heartburn, nausea, flatulence and frequent bowel...
- What do yellow-colored stools indicate?
- Suggest treatment for upper chest pain
- Can Lotrel capsule be open and consume the powder?
- What causes persistent hiccups?