Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Suffering from depression and obsessive thinking. Not able to concentrate. Whom can I consult?

Hello, I would very much like to see a psychiatrist in Kerala. My son has been suffering with depression and obsessive thinking which he cannot get rid off. He finds it difficult to concentrate and really he has given up hope of getting better. We are planning to come to Kerala towards the end of January so would be grateful for a name of a good doctor we could see. Thank you.
Asked On : Mon, 7 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  20
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

I understand that you are concerned about your son's psychiatric problems. It is indeed a good decision which you have take to take him to a psychiatrist for consultation. I would suggest Dr. C.J John who practices at Medical Trust Hospital, Ernakulam. He is a senior and well-experienced psychiatrist, and is easily approachable.

Don't worry, there are effective treatment options - in the form of medication or counselling / psychotherapy which will help you overcome these depressive and obsessive thoughts. So, please go ahead with your plan of consulting a psychiatrist for your son's problems.

Wish you all the best.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist
Answered: Tue, 8 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor