Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Suffering from back pain. Report say bone surrounding spinal cord is extended. What to do ?

Hi, My father is suffering form back pain . his report says that spinal chord surrounded by the bone is extended inside , also some muscles are extended thats why the spinal chord got less room and the other chords from that portion to thai got less room . so he is suffering from massive pain. At this stage some dr. suggest him for a surgery to cut the extended muscles so that the other chord will get more room and there will be no tension to the chord, and that place will be pain free. He is 68 years old. Can u suggest me what to do? My email address is YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Fri, 3 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  14
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Rheumatologist 's  Response
Dear Sir,

You have to give the exact report to see which nerve roots are compressed or is this pain like sciatica or some thing else only then exact treatment can be recommended . Till then you should continue with pain killers and muscle relaxants .

Dr. Shruti
Answered: Tue, 25 Mar 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor