Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Suffering from Depression and Anxiety, causing a lot of anger and rage. Solution?

I have been DX with depression and anxiety . Some days I feel alot of anxiety then depression. Over the last few days I have a lot of anger and rage. Cussing at people for no reason. Wanting to run people off the road. Wanting to start arguements with wife about little stuff. Please help Im I going crazy dont know were to turn.
Asked On : Mon, 25 Mar 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  24
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Dec 2014
Welcome to HCM

You have problem of anxiety and depression. From last few days you have been suffering from problem of irritability, increased argumentativeness and anger. These may be sign of depression itself or may be feature of shift to mania or Bipolar Disorder. I would advise you to visit a Psychiatrist for proper evaluation. Various medicines can be given in your case in order to control anger and argumentativeness. Mood stabilizers as Sodium valporate or Carbamazepine can be used. So visit your psychiatrist for further treatment.

Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi
Answered: Mon, 25 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Sunil 's  Response
Thanks for asking your query.
you are not alone struggling with you behavior and it is not untreatable.Studies show that medications and/or psychotherapy (talk therapy) are effective for most individuals. You can develop strategies for changing both your thinking and behavior to suppress depression, anxiety and anger.
You can learn simple relaxation skills as deep breathing and relaxing imagery to help calm down angry feelings. Breathing deeply, from your diaphragm, will help you relax while breathing from your chest will not. Non-strenuous exercise, like yoga, can relax your muscles and make you feel calmer. Certain kinds of vigorous exercise can also help reduce angry feelings.
You need to consult you psychiatrist to learn self hypnosis and other techniques to deal with your problems. He may prescribe you some anti-depressants to control your frustration.
You may search online to learn self hypnosis and build self confidence to turn your life full of happiness.
I am sure you can do it.
Never give up! Keep smiling!
Take Care!
Answered: Mon, 25 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor