Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Suffer regularly with attack like feelings, hang over, nausea, dizziness, head pressure. Normal results for all tests. Cause?

Hi, i have been feeling ill for the past 10 months, having had ct scans done on my heart also ecg & x-ray & nuclear scan plus stress test, they were all fine, ct on head, ct on abdomen, an endoscopy , all were fine. Still i suffer daily from attack feelings like, waking up feeling hung-over, Nausea, dizziness/ vertigo feeling, pressure in my head then that on-sets aniety feeling
Asked On : Sun, 13 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  30
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

It is possible that the episodic symptoms which you are experiencing could be indicative of panic attacks. Panic attacks can manifest with a variety of physical symptoms like dizziness, vertigo, nausea, heaviness of the head, chest discomfort, etc.

Anxiety can manifest itself with not only psychological symptoms, but with physical symptoms also. Since all medical tests have been negative and since these symptoms seem to be quite distressing to you, I would advise you consult a psychiatrist for a detailed psychological assessment and further treatment. There are effective treatment options - in the form of medication or counselling / psychotherapy which will help you overcome your problems.

Wish you all the best.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist
Answered: Fri, 18 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor