Stomach issues with my 4 year old who has had runny poo.

i have a 4 year old girl,who has had runny poo for awhile it started when changed our milk to homoginised milk, so i changed it back to normal full fat milk which didn t help so i took her off milk and put her on lactose free, which helped and she stoped passing wind so much, but it didn t last long, she has loose bowel movements and passes wind when she goes to the toilet and a clear bubbly secretion comes out from her bum. i have put her back onto semi-skimmed milk, she is a pain to get her to eat her dinners. Her belly is slightly bloated.
Fri, 30 Sep 2011
's  Response
dr.mohsin madni's  Response
welcome to hcm,
the child will be getting benefit by barley cooked or barley water.this will give excellent aid for lose or irregualr bowel.make a drink with sweetened with honey give the child twice or thrice a day..for a week.
dr.mohsin madni
madni@saudia.com
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Aashish Raghu's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
She could be having an enzyme deficiency in the body called Lactase. This could be a condition called Lactose intolerance which causes the above mentioned symptoms including abdominal bloating, diarrhoea, weakness etc. You have done a right thing in switching the milk formula. She may need to avoid all sorts of food with lactose milk such as ice creams, diary products as well. The fact of the matter is that isolated lactase deficiency causing symptoms is rare in children and there could be inflammatory bowel disease which can be a secondary cause of this problem. This is why it would be best if you get him checked up by his Paediatrician and also get stool examined to find out if it is only lactase deficiency or associated other digestive and bowel problems as well.She will need calcium supplementation as she cannot take normal milk products. There are lactase supplements available to prevent the severity of such response to lactose food as well. Kindly discuss the options available for your daughter with her Paediatrician.
General & Family Physician Dr. Jitender Chauhan's  Response
Hello, welcome to Healthcaremagic. You child is having an enzyme deficiency leading to malabsorption. It could be Lactose intolerance due to deficiency of lactose enzyme which is needed to break down milk. But it could also be due to some other enzyme deficiency. You must take your child to a pediatrician for further evaluaion and treatment. She should be fed milk free diet till than. Wish her good health.
billy 's  Response
i am not a doctor but from ur discription i would say she most likely has ibs or irritable bowel syndrome, an ulcer or lactose and tolerance. I would try a cap of miralax see if that helps. also when u took her off milk did u stop all diary products as well if not try that she might be lactose and tolerant. hope this helps like with all things tho if it still persists or gets worse you should always go to a doctor.